Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I have just finished uploading what I think are all the photos that have
been sent to me. If you think you sent one that I haven't added, please let
me know. I do still have some bios, deeds, etc. that need to be added, and
I will take care of that soon.
Mary Kathryn Kozy
Lawrence Co., IL CC
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm in the process of going through
all of the photos, obits, marriage records, etc. that ya'll have sent and
getting them posted to the site. I'm going to have to rework how I do the
photo gallery, since I have received so many photos to post that it makes
the page rather unwieldy and it takes forever to download, even with
thumbnails. I think what I might do is make a listing of the various photos
with links to the pictures on their own web site if they are identified
(even partially). If not, I will place a thumbnail on the gallery page and
then a link to the larger photo. For partially ID'd photos, I'll make a
note that there are unknown individuals in the photo.
Hopefully this will give you something to look forward to in these long,
hot days of summer. I live in the Seattle area, where we are having weather
in the 90s these days. Trust me, we are NOT set up for this! :-) With the
humidity added to the temp, it's a miserable thing to endure, but we look
forward to weather in the 70s to come over the next week or two.
Mary Kathryn Kozy
Lawrence Co., IL CC
Thanks for the replies.
My Grandfather was Lester M. Catt. He was born in Knox County but moved to
Lawrence County at a very young age. All of his education was in Lawrenceville
at the Arlington School. He lived in Lawrenceville until his death in 1987. He
never resided anywhere else.
I am going to look up the census but I believe he moved to Lawrenceville
before the age of five. Which would of have him living in Lawrenceville close to
Its to bad he would not qualify.
Does anyone have any info on the Lawrence County Veterans WW II Memorial or
maybe have a website name I could go to? I came across a booth promoting this
at the last fall festival.
Lawrence County, Illinois Genealogy Group
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, ILLAWREN. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Lawrence County, Illinois including the surrounding region of southeastern Illinois and southwestern Indiana.
Welcome to the ILLAWREN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.