The book "Ghost Towns of Southern Illinois" doesn't list Howard's
Landing, but it does list a Howardton. It was a railroad depot established in 1905 in the
SE corner of the SW 1/4 of section 20, tsp 10, range 3. It had a general store and post
office and a school that was part of the Grand Tower district. All that remains in the
present day is a sign marking where the depot stood, "Howardton Jct", and 3
houses and 3 mobile homes.