Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This message is for those interested friends who I was unable to contact privately. It's been a number of years since many of us corresponded and I understand how email carriers can change. If this is a duplicate I hope you'll understand.
Mynew book about French families who eventually settled in the Mississippi Valleywill shortly be available in soft cover at Amazon or direct from the publisherat Colonial Roots.com. Anyone having an interest in the subject or in any ofthe families listed should find this book of interest. It would also make a wonderful gift for the holidays.
Theten French families treated in the book were all in the Mississippi valley bythe early seventeen hundreds. It discusses in turn the families of Jean BaptistCreely, Charles Bienvenue dit Delisle, Pierre Payant dit St. Onge, NicholasOuimet, Francois Tesson, Nicholas and Pierre Hubert, Gabriel Aubuchon, JeanBaptist Bequette, and the families of Noel and Michel Langlois. Each chapterbegins with the original location of the family in France and, whereappropriate, with the origin of their surname. It traces their move to America,tells some of their family history and what I known of their families anddescendants. Anappendix contains descendant charts for each of the families. Two additional appendicesprovide historical background about some members of the Langlois family. Thebook also contains numerous illustrations and a surname index. In all you willfind this book well worth the modest price of $40.00.
ILJACKSO Mailing List is for genealogical discussions of Jackson County IL ancestors, see http://jackson.illinoisgenweb.org/
ILJACKSO Mailing List is for discussions of Jackson County Illinois ancestors, family history, county history, and related genealogy topics. Please visit Jackson County ILGenWeb at http://jackson.illinoisgenweb.org/
Welcome to the ILJACKSO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.