Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
In 1855 Wm Cook household has 1 male under 10, 1 male 30-40 yrs, females are
4 under 10 and 1 30 - 40 yrs. he is listed next to Joshua Cook.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:36 PM
Subject: [ILJACKSO] 1855 Census Jackson
> This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
> Author: SailFun1
> Surnames: Cook
> Classification: queries
> Message Board URL:
> Message Board Post:
> Can anyone help me locate particulars on William Cook living in Jackson in
> 1855 ? I saw an index saying he had a family of 7. His middle initial is
> either H or N. He was listed as age 25 in 1850 census- and 1860 census
> looks pretty messed up.Thanks for any help.
> Important Note:
> The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you
> would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link
> above and respond on the board.
> List Guidelines: http://www.rootsweb.com/~illinois/JacksonCoWelcome.html
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> ILJACKSO-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Can anyone help me locate particulars on William Cook living in Jackson in 1855 ? I saw an index saying he had a family of 7. His middle initial is either H or N. He was listed as age 25 in 1850 census- and 1860 census looks pretty messed up.Thanks for any help.
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
ILJACKSO Mailing List is for genealogical discussions of Jackson County IL ancestors, see http://jackson.illinoisgenweb.org/
ILJACKSO Mailing List is for discussions of Jackson County Illinois ancestors, family history, county history, and related genealogy topics. Please visit Jackson County ILGenWeb at http://jackson.illinoisgenweb.org/
Welcome to the ILJACKSO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.