Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I am re-sending my earlier posting regarding my search for an obituary for
Charles D. ARTER, because I have just learned the exact date of his death:
July 30, 1879.
I am also seeking an obituary for Dr. Daniel D. ARTER, who died August 6,
Both men are buried in Cairo City Cemetery, which is located in Pulaski
Many thanks to anyone who might be able to help me with these two ARTER
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Susiesearcher" <susiesearcher(a)worldnet.att.net>
> To: <IL-OLD-NEWS-L(a)rootsweb.com>
> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 8:10 PM
> Subject: [IL-Old-News] Charles ARTER: Cairo, Alexander County, IL
> > Seeking an obit for my 2G-Grandfather, Charles D. ARTER, DOD probably
> > between 1877-80, Cairo, Alexander County, IL (Chas. isn't listed with
> > wife, Eliza HARRELL ARTER, and children in the 1880 Census). Also, any
> > other news articles mentioning Chas. in Cairo, 1850 - DOD. (NOTE:
> > Eliza, was the daughter of Bailey S. HARRELL, Cairo store owner, and
> > of Moses HARRELL, noted journalist and editor in Alexander and Pulaski
> > Counties.) Thank you!
> > Sue Mullins, Northridge CA, Susiesearcher(a)worldnet.att.net
> > ARMSTRONG, SAUP, ARTER, HARRELL, BOSE, WEHMEYER, HOLLMANN, EVERTS
Welcome to the IL-OLD-NEWS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.