This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
New Plymouth Sentinel
New Plymouth, Idaho
Thursday, September 4, 1913
Frank Johnson, an employee of the Idaho-Oregon Light company, was electrocuted Wednesday
morning at 11:15 o'clock while in the discharge of his duty two miles west of Eaton on
what is known as the high line. At this place the company is at work raising their
telephone wires above those of the Mountain States company. Johnson had gone up one of the
poles to make the necessary change when his leg came in contact with one of the telephone
wires and the ground wire on the pole which completed the circuit.
"Somebody cut the ground wire," he shouted as he fell backwards onto two other
telephone wires. That was the last he said. His fellow workmen went to his aid as soon as
they could climb the pole and cut the wires on which he rested. He was then lowered and
all efforts to restore him known to the workmen were restored to. Frank Johnson was 23
years of age and has been at work as lineman for this company for the past seven years.
His parents, both of whom are living, reside at Kalispell, Mont. - Weiser Signal.