Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I need to contact the person who publishes the Idaho genealogical
newsletter regarding an article to be run, regarding the research of the
Primitive Baptist Library on our churches in Idaho. I found some
additional information, but can't find her email.
The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
I am transcribing this story in honor of Curt's death, as no obit has been written.
Not only was Curt a family member, but a good friend. He was always quick with a wave and a smile and didn't know a stranger. He was 46 at the time of his death and leaves a wife and many family & friends to mourn him. At his request, he was cremated and no services were held.
He has gone too soon.........
Weiser Signal American
Aug. 25, 2003
Weiser man dies in motorcycle accident Friday
A motorcyclist from Weiser was killed Friday afternoon in a crash involving another Weiser resident on U. S. 95 near Payette, the Idaho State Police reported.
According to an ISP news release, Curt K. Gillispie, 46, Weiser, was southbound on Aug. 22, on U. S. 95, driving a 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle, when he locked up his brakes in reaction to traffic in front of him. The motorcycle laid over onto its side and slid into the path of a vehicle that was northbound. Gillispie, who was thrown from the motorcycle, was pronounced dead at the scene
The northbound vehicle, a 2001 Subaru Legacy, was driven by Eugene G. Davis, 69, also of Weiser. According to ISP, Davis was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident and was not injured.
Gillispie was not wearing a helmet.
The accident occurred near milepost 72 about 2:30 p.m.
ISP said the crash is still under investigation by Trooper Boll.
Welcome to the IDWASHIN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.