Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Hi, I just joined this list and I noticed from the archives it's not very
active, however, hopefully it will become more active soon.
I'm looking for information on my great-grandparents - John PETERSON and
John PETERSON was born 5 June 1855 in Sweden; died 29 September 1922 in New
Plymouth, Payette, Idaho. His father was Peter Swanson, born about 1829 in
Sweden. He was married to Emma Julia ERICKSON, born 19 May 1874 in
Marathon, Buena Vista County, Iowa; died 7 May 1952 in Blackfoot, Bannock
County, Idaho. Both John and Emma are buried in Parkview Cemetery; New
Plymouth, Payette County, Idaho. Emma's parents were Andrew ERICKSON (born
about 1848 in Marathon, Buena Vista County, Iowa) and Ann McCULLAH. John &
Emma had about eight children, one of which was my grandfather, Carrol
Arthur PETERSON. Any additional information on these people, I'd love to
hear about. Thanks!!
Jody Lynn (PETERSON) CRAWFORD
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Evans Family
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:21:39 -0600
From: "tstamper" <driver(a)area-net.com>
My husbands Great Grandfather ,D.R. Evans, Moved to Payette. He left
Oklahoma and moved there. His son My husbands Grandfather ,Wm. Robert,
was born in OK. When D.R. moved to Payette, William moved to Va. where
the family was originally from. The only thing my husbands mother knew
was she had a letter he wrote to her and her sister in about 1950 from
Payette. It does have a Route# on the letter. He was never heard from
again. We think his wife must have died before he moved there because he
doesn't mention her in the letter. If you find any thing on D.R. Evans
(probably David Reid Evans from the census in Va. when he was a
child),it would be greatly appreciated.
I have updated my IDAHO CONNECTIONS page to include the following:
The Bonneville County Historical Society
The Kootenai County Genealogical Society
The Idaho Falls Family History Center
The Pocatello Family History Center
The Meridian South Family History Center
The Research Network and Idaho Connections
Welcome to the IDPAYETT mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.