Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I've "rescued" an old photograph of five young men taken at the Clark Studio
in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. On the back of the photograph is the name
William TOLMAN of Pittsfield, MA. I am assuming that he is one of the young
men in the photograph. The photograph appears to have been taken in the
1880's with William likely in his 20's at the time it was taken.
Based on limited research I was able to locate information regarding William
TOLMAN b. 2 Jun 1858 in Lanesboro, MA to parents Albert TOLMAN and Jane A.
TOWER. I also was able to locate the family in various census records as
1860 census for Lanesborough, MA:
Albert TOLMAN, age 36, a School Teacher, born MA
Jane A. TOLMAN, age 30, born MA
Carlton T. TOLMAN, age 5, born MA
Albert H. TOLMAN, age 3, born MA
William TOLMAN, age 1, born MA
George TOLMAN, age 1 month, born MA
Ellen AGEN, age 45, a Domestic, born Ireland
Ellen FITZGERLAD, age 19, a Domestic, born Ireland
Mary CARLY, age 27, a Domestic, born Ireland
Mary KEEF, age 17, a Domestic, born Ireland
Catherine HOWE, age 21, a Teacher, born MA
1870 census for Pittsfield, MA:
Albert TOLMAN, age 46, a Teacher, born MA
Jennie A. TOLMAN, age 40, Keeping House, born MA
Carlton T. TOLMAN, age 15, at School, born MA
Albert H. TOLMAN, age 14, at School, born MA
William TOLMAN, age 12, at School, born MA
George TOLMAN, age 10, at School, born MA
Edward TOLMAN, age 8, at School, born MA
Anna MCDONALD, age 18, Domestic Servant, born MA
1900 census of Florida, ID I find William TOLMAN as follows:
William H. TOLMAN, born June 1857, age 42, born MA, parents born NH/MA, a
1910 census of Bridgeport, CT I find William TOLMAN now married as follows:
William TOLMAN, age 51, married 9 years, born MA, parents born MA, a Life
Jennie M. TOLMAN, wife, age 46, married 9 years, born MA, parents born MA
Elizabeth PEASE, mother-in-law, age 64, a widow, born MA, parents born MA
And then in 1920 census of Lee, MA William TOLMAN and his wife are recorded
William TOLMAN, age 61, born MA, parents born MA, an Insurance Agent
Jennie TOLMAN, wife, age 55, born MA, parents born MA
Elizabeth Pease, mother-in-law, age 69, a widow, born MA, parents born MA/NY
I'm hoping to locate someone from his family so that this wonderful old
photograph can be returned to their care. If you are a member of this
family, or know someone who might be, please contact me.
Welcome to the IDOWYHEE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.