Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Mike, if you do not hear from anyone else, I would be happy to help you with this.
Juvanne Martin, CG
The Research Network and Idaho Connections
>Sent: Jul 27, 2010 6:46 PM
>Subject: [IDLEWIS] Obit lookup
>Hi list! I'm new to the list and have a request already. Could someone
>find the obit on John Wesley Stone, III, listed in the Lewiston Tribune on
>10-10-1997. He was born 25 Sept 1968 and died in Syringa General
>Hospital. His parents are John & Marthann H. Stone, JR.
>Thanks in advance, Mike
>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to IDLEWIS-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
Hi list! I'm new to the list and have a request already. Could someone
find the obit on John Wesley Stone, III, listed in the Lewiston Tribune on
10-10-1997. He was born 25 Sept 1968 and died in Syringa General
Hospital. His parents are John & Marthann H. Stone, JR.
Thanks in advance, Mike
I've "rescued" an old photograph of Emma STILLWELL which was taken at the J.
A. Winter Studio in Eugene City, Oregon. If the photograph appears to have
been taken in the 1870's or 1880's with Emma appearing to be in her early
teens at the time the photograph was taken. Based on limited research I was
able to locate the following information about Emma and her family:
Emma Marie STILLWELL was b. 10 Oct 1867 in Eugene, OR and married Isaac Lee
HOLMAN (b. 6 Mar 1864 in Ray Co. MO) on 14 Oct 1891 in Lane Co. OR. The
couple had 5 children including, Virgil Lee; Mary Frances; Jesse Bryan;
Estella Emma; and Wesley Anderson HOLMAN all born between 1893 and 1911 in
The Dalles, OR; Cleveland, WA; Palouse, WA; Grangeville, ID; and Kamiah, ID
Census records provide the following information:
1880 census of Springfield, OR:
A. J. HARLOW, age 44, a Farmer, born MO, parents born KY/TN
Amira HARLOW, wife, age 32, Keeping House, born IA, parents born KY
Minnie L. HARLOW, dau, age 5, born OR
Frank B. HARLOW, son, age 3, born OR
Emma M. STILLWELL, adopted, age 12, at Home, born OR, parents birthplace
1900 census of Cottonwood, ID:
Isaac L. HOLMAN, age 36, born Mar 1864, married 9 years, born MO, parents
Emma M. HOLMAN, wife, age 32, born Oct 1867, married 9 years, 3 children/3
living, born OR, parents born IA/OR
Virgil L. HOLMAN, son, age 6, born Oct 1893, born OR
Mary F. HOLMAN, dau, age 4, born Oct 1895, born WA
Jesse R. HOLMAN, son, age 2, born Mar 1898, born WA
1910 census of Stuart, ID:
Isaac L. HOLMAN, age 45, married 18 years, born MO, parents born KY/TN, a
Odd Jobs Laborer
Emma M. HOLMAN, wife, age 42, married 18 years, 4 children/4 living, born
OR, parents born TN/OR
Virgil L. HOLMAN, son, age 16, born OR, Northern Pacific Railroad Co. Asst.
Mary F. HOLMAN, dau, age 14, born WA
Jesse D. HOLMAN, son, age 12, born WA
Stella E. HOLMAN, dau, age 9, born ID
1920 census of Idaho Falls, ID:
Isaac HOLMAN, age 55, born MO, parents born KY/TN, a Factory Laborer
Emma HOLMAN, wife, age 52, born OR, parents born TN/OR
Stella HOLMAN, dau, age 18, born ID
Wesley HOLMAN, son, age 8, born ID
I am hoping to locate someone from the family so that this wonderful old
photograph can be returned to their care. If you are a member of this
family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.
Welcome to the IDLEWIS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.