Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Can someone please tell me if there were newspapers in the Moscow, ID,
Pullman, WA area that might have carried an account of a railroad accident
that occurred on December 14, 1930? My great uncle Charles Rehwalt was
killed when his car hit a Great Northern train near Garfield. I am sure
that the local newspapers would have carried an account of it.
Thanks for any help.
There was a paper at Palouse at that time ..You can get some info about
it at The Boomerang, Box 97, Palouse, WA 99161 (I looked for an e-mail
address but can't find it, although I'm sure they have one). This
publisher has also taken over the audience that the Garfield ENTERPRISE
used to serve, so it is possible that Garfield had a paper then, too.
The Moscow Paper MAY have been The Idahonian, although it has changed
names and hands several times over the years. And the Spokane paper is
The Spokesman Review .
Hope this is of some help
>Can someone please tell me if there were newspapers in the Moscow, ID,
>Pullman, WA area that might have carried an account of a railroad accident
>that occurred on December 14, 1930? My great uncle Charles Rehwalt was
>killed when his car hit a Great Northern train near Garfield. I am sure
>that the local newspapers would have carried an account of it.
>Thanks for any help.
>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to IDLATAH-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Surnames: Blenden, Wells
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Once again I'm looking for my fathers relatives. Have new address, namron(a)plainsmt.net.
Gfather: William M Blenden 1858 IA - 1937 ID
m:1895 Gmother: Celestial P Woods 1873 Maple City, KS - 1922 ID
Father: Marvin W Blenden 1915 ID - 1976 OR
m:1934 Mother: Lela Avis Wells 1914 ID - 1988 MT
me: Jacqueline Joy "Blenden" Firestone
I have lots of info on the Woods's and Wells, but can't seem to break through on the Blenden's.
Could use any help I can get.
Welcome to the IDLATAH mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.