Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Surnames: Childers; Maupin; Hinton
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Services Set For Richfield Woman
RICHFIELD, March 4 – Funeral services for Mrs. Mary Jane Fulbright, 82, will be conducted at 2 p.m. Monday at the Methodist church by the Rev. Bert A. Powell. Interment will be made in the Richfield cemetery under direction of the Burdette mortuary.
Mrs. Fulbright died Thursday at St. Valentine’s hospital, Wendell. She was born June 19, 1867, in Oregon and resided in Richfield many years before moving to Jerome recently.
Survivors are her husband Henry Fulbright, Jerome, and one sister Mrs. Allie Angel, Valier, Mont. Preceding her in death was a son by a previous marriage who died while serving with the armed forces in the Pacific area.
Twin Falls, Idaho
March 5, 1950
The Idaho State Historical Society has a listing of newspapers on its web
site and the years and communities covered. You can look for the appropriate
newspaper on their website, and then write the individual below with as exact
a date as you have and they will notify you of the research and copy fee.
Keep in mind they charge a minimum of $5.00 whether they find anything or
not. Copying costs were very low. They also have an on-line listing of
county and city directories that they will search. I found my
great-grandfather's obituary through them quite easily and very
The following family lived at Bliss in Gooding County for several years:
Riley Blair THORP; b 31 Mar 1872 at Scio, Linn Co, OR; d 17 Apr 1941 at Bliss, Gooding Co, ID; m 28 Oct 1900 at Caldwell, Canyon Co, ID to Eddith May PARRISH. Their children were:
Keith Thom THORP; b 13 Nov 1902 at Caldwell; d 12 Jan 1942 at Nampa
Marguirette THORP; b 19 Jul 1908 at Bliss; d 21 Sep 1997 at Hamilton, Ravalli Co, Montana; m Narvell Leslie Allen on 20 Jul 1925 at Bliss.
What newspaper would I look for to find obituaries in 1925 and 1941?
Both Riley B & Eddith May Thorp are buried at Elmwood Cemetery in Bliss. Does anybody know who keeps the records for Elmwood that I could contact for information?
Welcome to the IDGOODIN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.