Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Hello Everyone on the Bear Lake list. How is your quest for genealogy going.
I'm working on the searcher profile page if you want something added or
Please let me know.
Every once in a while I come across something on my e-mail I just have to
I got it from Cyndi's list and I'm passing it on to
like she passed it on to me on her mailing list.
Signed Doug Neibaur Bearlake CC
Hi all -
I'm forwarding the message below for those of you who have an
interest in Virginia. If you haven't yet visited the Library of
Virginia online, make sure you do today. They have a tremendous
site with many online images of documents.
>Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:19:43 -0500
>From: Jean Marie Taylor <jmtaylor(a)vsla.edu>
>Subject: New Resources from Library of Virginia
>X-Comment: List for librarians who specialize in genealogy.
>Last week the Library of Virginia released several new, or
>enhanced, online resources of possible interest to this list.
>Online document images are now available for several electronic
>indexes as follows:
>Virginia Revolutionary War Bounty Warrants
>Virginia Revolutionary War Pensions
>Virginia Revolutionary War Rejected Claims
>Dunmore's War (1774)
>S. Bassett French Biographical Sketches (19th century Virginian
>who compiled notes on prominent Virginians for a planned
>Confederate Disability Applications
>24,000 digitized images of applications for 6,000 individuals.
>Guide to Virginia Local Court Records on Microfilm
>This resource no longer requires a tiff image viewer and contains
>many listings from the post-1865 period.
>Jean Marie Taylor
>Digital Library Programs
>Collection Management Services Division
>The Library of Virginia
>800 East Broad Street (voice) (804) 692-3764
>Richmond, Virginia 23219 (fax) (804) 692-3771
>http://www.vsla.edu (e-mail) jmtaylor(a)vsla.edu
I have been going to through My Great Grandmothers Photo Album. In it
there are lots of loging Pictures and Pictures of a Tripod Lookout.
Does anyone know where this is around Bear lake.
Also does anyone have any info on a Grace Clement, McMullen, Chase
"God Be With You Till We Chat Again"
Ramona J Smith :O)
Family Homepage--- http://www.cswnet.com/~jsmith
Welcome to the IDBEARLA mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.