Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
> Dear List, I have lost a family of Jeffryes who had a farm we believe in
> Woodbury Co, but some were born In Woodbury,Lucky Valley in 1883 and
Antlon. If someone
> has a copy of the 1900 census or the Index or even a History Book of that
> era. Could they please see if a Jeffryes (spelt that way is listed) Names
> are William Thomas married a Lucy Woods in 1877 they moved to that area
> must have had many children before Elsie Elizabeth in 1883, Ethel Lillian
> in 1888 and Leon J in 1890. There is another brother Robert E who lived
> Ida and Woodbury Co, so they could have lived nearby. Any help would be
> grateful. Is there a rootsweb page for Woodbury? Thanks.
> Genealogy calendars, guestbooks and more:
> Visit RootsWeb's Resource Center at
Looking for information on John Dillon b in Glasgow, Scotland, who came
to the states about 1869. In 1870 he is in Dubuque, Dubuque Co., IA with
his parents John and Ann and sisters Ann, Eliza Jane, and brothers
Charles, and Thomas. Another 1/2 brother Patrick McNulty came later.
All but John remained in Dubuque for some years. Sometime after 1880
John was said to have moved to Sioux City, IA. It's said he married and
had 8 children. Some of these were Michael and Mary.
Would anyone have any knowledge of this family. I would love to locate
descendants and trade information.
YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET!
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit:
I am looking for information on Joseph (Joe) and Lila Loreth and all
descendents. Joe father was Adam and mother was Lena and he was born in
Christian County Illinois on 28 Sept 1896 and died Feb 1967. SSI records
show he lived in Moville, Iowa. Joe is my fathers uncle and I have
information on his brothers and sisters.
Welcome to the IAWOODBU mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.