Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Wish we could be there as part of the family of the first residents of Fort
Dodge. David Fessler and Elise Kolb Fessler were my g-grandparents c.
1850's. Otto "Ed" Fessler and Ethel Andres Fessler were the parents of my
father Frank Dale Fessler and his brothers Harold and Donald Fessler---all
Fort Dodgers. Have fun---wish we could join you from Salisbury, Maryland.
Sue Fessler Sullivan
From: Oregon Rain via
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2015 9:29 AM
To: iawarren(a)rootsweb.com ; iawashin(a)rootsweb.com ; iawayne(a)rootsweb.com ;
iawebste(a)rootsweb.com ; iawinneb(a)rootsweb.com
Subject: [IAWEBSTE] County Fairs & Festivals Times!
August is that time of the year for our great county fairs and community
festivals! County fairs bring us a fun time for cotton candy, carnival
games, carnival rides and country rodeos. Community country festivals
us hand made quilts, tatting, home made jams, jellies and pies and more
games and country fun. And we at IAGenWeb have a great county
'festival' to enjoy and you wont want to miss!
If you have a connection to Iowa come to our 'festival'. Our festival is
celebration of our 'orphan counties' all waiting for that special new
coordinator and becoming that big 'Blue Ribbon' winner. Wont you check
our 'festival celebration' of our orphan counties: Adams, Greene,
Ida, Jackson, Jones, Linn, Lyon, Mahaska, Poweshiek and Sac Counties,
which one fits you best, they all want and need a CC to lead them.
Do you have the country pioneer spirit as our ancestors did when they
celebrated Iowa? If you see a county that fits for you and you would
to be that "Blue Ribbon Winner CC" contact the Welcome Hostesses
welcome_to_iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org and request more information about
adopting one of our counties and request an application.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
IAGenWeb Welcome Hostesses
Constance & Kris welcome_to_iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
IAWEBSTE-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes
in the subject and the body of the message
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, IAWEBSTE. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Webster County, Iowa including the surrounding region of central Iowa.
Welcome to the IAWEBSTE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.