Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Jane, I am your cousin on the Kelly side of the family, the daughter of Dan Kelly, and your grandmother's neice. In fact, at one time I babysat Michael and JoElla, and have very fond memories of Alice and Rocky. I have a lot of info about the Kelly ancestry--documentation, baptism certificates, marriages, etc. Please e-mail me for further info, and I'll be more than happy to make copies.
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
Sorry I haven't written any emails lately. Our desktop became full of malware and it has stopped all functions. Can't even turn it on now. I found out that malware hits you computer immediately if you go to an infected website. It might cause us to have to buy a new computer. I am writing this on a notebook we have mostly for when we travel.
We are traveling to WA, OR, CA, and NV starting on Oct 10th. Be back home on Oct 19th. It may be some time before we get back online!
Welcome to the IAWEBSTE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.