Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I forgot a family that I feel may have settled in Iowa and there was someone
that mentioned his family settled in Fort Dodge area for a while and that is
the name BAIN also spelled BAYNE, BANE, BAINES, BEYNE, BAGNE, BOYNE, BEAN,
I have a Augustus Antoine Bain who married a Jane Curry/Carry that I lost
track of after 1850 in Wisconsin and I feel he may have moved to an area
where other family members were living like Fort Dodge.
Sorry I know this is late but was on vacation and also had a email
relative/buddy pass away last week but I wanted to post my names that I am
looking for in Webster County/ Fort Dodge area:
One family is BAGAN/BAGGEN/BEGGIN:
Patrick Bagan born in Roslea parish, Fermanaugh Co, Ireland, married
Jan 3, 1869 in Shullsburg, Lafayette County, Wisconsin, died in FORT DODGE,
WEBSTER CO. IOWA nov 4, 1914, his wife Ann Rooney
born May 3, 1841 in Fermanaugh Co, Ireland, died in FORT DODGE Feb 18, 1921.
They had four children:
1. Margaret A Bagan born Dec 23, 1870 in Chester, Iowa, married John LeClair
, died Dec 19, 1923 in FORT DODGE, IOWA
2. Ellen/Nellie Bagan, died young.
3. Frank Bagan, died young.
4. Thomas F. Bagan born Nov 8, 1882 in Wilson, Wisconsin; married in Mendota,
MN to Evangeline Auge and Thomas died in 1910.
I am also looking for information in a DEROUCHEY/ DEROCHER family that moved
to FORT DODGE, WEBSTER CO, IA from CENTRALIA, DUBUQUE COUNTY, IOWA after 1880
and before 1896.
Joseph Derouchey died Nov 29, 1896 and is buried in Corpus Christi Cemetery,
he was married twice first wife was Augustine O'Neil and she was buried in
Centralia, he remarried in Dubuque County.
Joseph and Augustine (O'Neil) Derocher had the following children:
Joseph died in infancy.
Augustine married Christopher GENTEMEN
Emily/Emma married Lawrence LUBY
Louis married Barbara HOVEN
Mary married Smith DOUGHERTY
Josephine married John MCMANNUS
William married Lydia EASTMAN
Matilda married Joseph MOHR
Clara married John GRIFFIN
George married Minnie VANWALD
I would very much like to hear from anyone connected with the above names,
and will be happy to share what I have.
Welcome to the IAWEBSTE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.