Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Ann, I want to say Thankyou for the way you handled this which was much nicer
than other coordinators did. I know this person and knew something wasn't
right. Thankyou ... Susi
Need a job? Find employment help in
your area. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&
The author of that posting was a victim of a computer virus and sends her
apologies to all. I've reported that e-mail as spam so that Rootsweb can
update their spam filters and I've changed her account so that e-mails from
her come through the moderator (me) before they are posted until she can get
the virus identified.
Spam will sneak through the Rootsweb filters from time to time. I review
held postings almost daily that are truly garbage that do get caught by the
spam filters and I report them as such and then delete them.
So, thank you all for being so vigilant and better yet, thank you all for
being subscribers to the list!
Wayne County Iowa IAGenWeb Coordinator
Winter is nearly over and most of us are looking for something new to try. Ever
thought about becoming a county coordinator? IAGenWeb has some wonderful
counties just waiting for someone to care for them. Available are WARREN,
LUCAS, APPANOOSE, MONROE, CLINTON & GUTHRIE counties. Take a tour of the
counties at http://iagenweb.org/state/colist.php. Just let us know your choice
and we will get the ball rolling!
For more information about the requirements, go to:
http://iagenweb.org/state/primer.htm. It's easier than it looks! If you have
any questions, please just ask. We'll do our best to give good answers : )
Greta and Conni Mac
IAGenWeb Welcome Hostesses
Please check Humeston 125 Years 1872-1997 for any reference to John M. Taylor who lived at humeston since 1880 till death in 1900.
Thank you for your time and effort in behalf of those seeking to identify their family.
Welcome to the IAWAYNE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.