Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Sorry for the trouble, but some kook sabotaged my e-mail subscriptions to
the Rootsweb.com mailing lists. I can still receive postings to my
USER683614(a)AOL.COM box, or here. I also have about a dozen screen names with
two other Internet providers, so if those of you who I am helping will e-mail
me privately, I'll give them to you. I hope this problem will resolve itself.
Laguna Hills, CA
Hello to the Great State of Iowa,
I am searching for any information anyone can provide me with regard to
the surname TARRANT and FEDEREN.
Both families lived in various parts of the state, but spent quite a bit
of time in the Minneapolis area. I am searching for PHILIP FEDEREN (1883) and
his wife EDITH FEDEREN (1884) and their two children FABIOLA TARRANT (1897)
and CECILE TARRANT (1893). They were last known to be in the Twin Cities area
in 1944, but their descendants could be anywhere by now.
They were relatives of GEORGE A. SHANNON AND ISABELLA (McDonald) SHANNON
of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, and their son ROBERT D. SHANNON, who was last
known around 1942-44 to be living in Spencer, Iowa. Robert's wife was named
JESSE and his children were ANNABELLE and GEORGE, also of Chippewa Falls, WI.
Any information regarding these families or their descendants would be
Laguna Hills, CA USA
Welcome to the IATAMA mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.