Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Peter Johnson was born 1817 Highland County, OH and died 1881 Marion
Co., IA. in 1838 Peter married Nancy Lenord and they had six children
Edward b 1839, Mary b 1841, John b 1844, Gardner b 1846, James b 1847,
Milton b 1850. In the 1850 census they were at Liberty Township,
Clinton County OH, In 1852 Peter married Catherine Fitz at Highland
County, OH. I also have that Peter was a Captain in the Civil War.
In 1854, Peter Marshall Johnson married Elizabeth Ann Gerard (my
connection) in Ohio. They had three children Alice b 1855 Ohio,
Catherine b 1857 (1870 census states born Ohio and other places she was
born Iowa), William b 1850 Iowa.
In 1860. Peter married Isabelle Seaton and they had eight children
Martha b 1861, Levi b 1863, Addie b 1865, Frank b 1867, Myrtle b 1869,
George b 1871, Frederik b 1874, Seth b 1878.
I think Peter and Catherine came to Iowa around 1855 and lived around
Montezuma and he was a physician there and also Elizabeth is buried
there. Elizabeth was married twice before she married Peter - William
White and Isaac McCoy. Elizabeth and William White had a child Lewis
Jefferson White and he lived around Montezuma and one of his sons is
buried around Montezuma.
I hope this helps you.
Thank you for any information that you might have.
I am looking for information on Peter Marshall Johnson b 1817 in Ohio.
He was a physician and lived around Montezuma. In the 1850 US Census he
was in Clinton Co., OH. with a wife of Nancy his first wife. I know
he was married four times. His second wife was Catherine Fitz and no
children by Catherine. His third wife was Elizabeth Ann Gerard and they
had three children ALice b 1855, Catherine b 1857 and William born
1859. Elizabeth died between 1859 and 1860and possibly is buried around
Montezuma. I think he came to Iowa around Montezuma in about 1855. In
1860 US Census Peter and Isabelle his fourth wife were in Marion Co.,
Red Rock, IA.
I was wondering if there is any information in Poweshiek Co. on a
Physisican by the name of Peter Marshall Johnson, Elizabeth Johnson
buried there and possibly the three children were born there Alice,
Catherine and William.
Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the IAPOWESH mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.