Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I think you would get the best results going right to the society. They have
a lot of excellent records and have always been very helpful to me.
Historical and Genealogical Society
206 North Mill Street
Montezuma, Iowa 50171
Ferne Norris, the society president, can give you an idea of hours.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: GenBug831(a)aol.com [mailto:GenBug831@aol.com]
> Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 7:28 AM
> To: IAPOWESH-L(a)rootsweb.com
> Subject: [IAPOWESH] Poweshiek genealogy resources...
> I will be passing through Poweshiek county, IA. briefly in May.
> Do to my
> brief visit, I am looking for help in locating the BEST sources
> to look up my
> family genealogy. I am hoping to get obituaries, burial sites
> and more if
> available. Does anyone know where is the best place to look in
> this county??
> Thank you in advance.
> N. Staley, researching Eaton, Height, Farquhar, Talbott
> ==== IAPOWESH Mailing List ====
> Shop Ancestry - Everything you need to Discover, Preserve & Celebrate
> your heritage!
I will be passing through Poweshiek county, IA. briefly in May. Do to my
brief visit, I am looking for help in locating the BEST sources to look up my
family genealogy. I am hoping to get obituaries, burial sites and more if
available. Does anyone know where is the best place to look in this county??
Thank you in advance.
N. Staley, researching Eaton, Height, Farquhar, Talbott
A message from the rootsweb staff.
Starting at 8 a.m. PST Friday, February 23, RootsWeb will begin a planned
temporary downtime for maintenance of its servers and hosting process. It
will limit this downtime as much as possible, and will return with increased
performance and reliability for future growth.
Listmaster for IAPOWESH
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
Welcome to the IAPOWESH mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.