Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Subject: SCOTT surname
I am trying to find out who Elijah Harrison Scott's parents & siblings
Elijah Harrison SCOTT was born in Brookfield, Madison Co. NY in 1813.
1901: Elijah is buried in Adaville, Plymouth Co. IA. United Brethren
His wife, Sarah CARR was born in Potter, Yates Co. NY in 1822
and 1895 she is buried in Bear Lake, Warren Co. PA.
I found Sarah (Carr) Scott obit in Stevens Point Library site, as she died
in Stevens Point, WI.
1820 Census Elijah lived in Florence, Oneida Co. NY.
1840 Census Elijah found in Deerfield, Warren Co. PA
Elijah Harrison SCOTT married Sarah CARR in Panama, Chautauqua Co. NY
Elijah was one of the first settlers in Wisconsin, a pioneer of
Omro and Amherst in Winnebago County., WI
He came to Wisconsin: about 1849.
First: Walworth Co. WI.
Second: Adams County, WI
Third: Winnebago County, WI 1850 Census
Fourth: Portage County, WI 1860 census
Fifth: Waushara County, WI.
1870 Census: Blue Earth Co. MN
1880 census: Plymouth Co. IA
Known to have lived in Kansas too.
Some of the children lived in Adams County, WI too.
Eight SCOTT children:
1.Corwin Dias Married Mary Jane WARD.
2.Walter killed in the Civil War.
3. Ellen Cordelia (Scott) Gaines David ALDRICH.
4. Winfield Married Mary DUMBECK, Eliza VAN METER and Addie ROACH.
5. Charles W. Married Hattie FENTON.
6. John G.. Married Delilah Jane VAN METER and Mrs. MOGER.
7. William Edwin Married Lavina Jane POINTER.
8. Thomas Peter Married Emma to Etta MUNGER AND Grace GLICK.
1. Elijah may have had a brother named Ebenezer SCOTT. Ebenezer is found
buying land in Rose, Waushara Co. WI in 1892 and married a GUSTIN.
2. Elijah may have had a brother Edward J. SCOTT that obtained land in Blue
Earth Co. MN. Pretty sure they moved together to Iowa.