Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I am researching the following families and I would very much appreciate
anyone on the List that might be a descendant or knows the history of any
one of these families.
1. William Rankin DINWIDDIE b. Tn. m Elizabeth HAYES IN - arrived in Albia
abt 1855 - buried there. Children grew up there. Found on the 1860 census of
2. Richmond or Richard HAYES - son of Elizabeth HAYES b. 1817 NC m Elsie
Unknown. Children Rudolph b. IN, Arabell, b. IN, Theodore b. IN. Moved to
Albia from Indiana before 1850 as shown in the census of that year. I
believe Richmond and family moved to Missouri about 1870.
3. Hillah HAYES (brother of Richmond) - moved about the same time as
Richmond - from Hancock Co. IN to Albia, Monroe Co. Iowa. He was married to
Sitha WHITE, they had five children in Albia. About 1870 moved to Ness City
Kansas with oldest son.
4. HICKENLOOPER, BALDWIN, COMBS, HINTON, FISHER, LONG, families were all
connected to the above families.
5. Allen WHITE (m. Elizabeth BALDWIN) and Sitha White HAYES were brother
and sister - Allen buried in Albia. Allen also moved from IN.
Other siblings of Allen and Sitha were - Susannah White b. 1818 m. William
LONG in IN., Amanda White m Charles POWELL, Rhoda White b. 1823, Martha
J.White b. abt 1832 IN.
6. Looking for a Elcarry WHITE and Leander WHITE - not sure just where they
fit in but I know they are connected.
I would be very grateful for any help on the above.
Surrey, BC CANADA