Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I've "rescued" an old photograph of Rose CONLAN; Mary Ann CONLAN HAYDEN;
Margaret CONLAN WILLIAMS; and Kathryn CONLAN GREENOUGH; which was taken at
the Spaulding Studio in Whiting, Iowa. The photograph appears to have been
taken in the 1880's or 1890's with the four women appearing to be in their
teens to 40's at the time the photograph was taken. Under the name of Mary
Ann CONLAN HAYDEN the date "1892" appears, though I've no idea why.
Based on limited research I was able to gather the following information
regarding this family:
Margaret Christien CONLAN b. abt 1869 in OH to parents Owen CONLAN (b. Aug
1833 in Ireland) and Barbara DOLAN (b. Apr 1840 in Ireland). Margaret
married Ira T. WILLIAMS (b. abt 1869 in VA or MT) and together they had 7
children including, Mary Elizabeth; John; Linea L.; Eugene; Conlan; Charles;
and Anita WILLIAMS all born between 1895 and 1913.
Catherine G. CONLAN, daughter of Owen C. CONLAN and Barbara DOLAN married
John GREENOUGH on 30 Jan 1900 in Belgrade, MT. Catherine was born in
Cleveland, OH and was 33 years old at the time of her marriage to John.
Census information provides the following information:
1870 census of Cleveland, OH:
Owen CONLAN, age 35, a Railroad Worker, born Ireland
Barbara CONLAN, age 32, Keeping House, born Ireland
James CONLAN, age 10, born OH
Mary CONLAN, age 8, born OH
Catherine CONLAN, age 6, born OH
Margaret CONLAN, age 1, born OH
+ a Laborer
1880 census of Grant, IA:
Owen CONLEN, age 47, born Ireland, a Farmer, parents born Ireland
Barbara CONLEN, wife, age 40, born Ireland, Keeping House, parents born
Katy CONLEN, dau, age 16, born OH, at Home
Maggie CONLEN, dau, age 11, born OH, at School
Eugene CONLEN, son, age 9, born NE, at School
John CONLEN, son, age 7, born IA, at School
Rosa CONLEN, dau, age 5, born IA, at School
I am hoping to locate someone from this family so that this wonderful old
photograph can be returned to the care of the family. If you are a member
of this family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.
Welcome to the IAMONONA mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.