Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I am trying to locate any info on my family in which two of them are buried at Fry Hill Cem in Lucas Co Iowa. When seeing the tree below you will see what I have so far, also Elizabeth Mitchell and her husband William Naismith have daughters in which one Jennett is also buried at Fry Hill Cemetery. I have all the info on family coming forward but need info going back! I thinking that the Alexander Mitchell buried at Fry Hill might fit in some way. There is also a Jennett Mitchell buried at Fry Hill (maybe Elizabeth's sister????) Anyone having info on the Mitchell families buried at Fry Hill I love to see if you think we connect! Thanks ahead for any help you can give.
Robin Pardus, 11010 N Old Mill Road , McC onnell Illinois 61050 Email; Robin59(a)aeroinc.net
Descendants of Alexander Mitchell
1 Alexander Mitchell b: in Scotland
. +Elizabeth ??? b: in Scotland
. 2 Elizabeth C Mitchell b: 24 Sep 1836 in Scotland d: 04 Feb 1923 in Spokane Washington Burial: 06 Feb 1923 Greenwood Memorial Terrace Spokane Washington
..... +William Naismith b: Bet. 1832 - 1835 in Birth bate by calc. of stone; 7-30-1832, Scotland d: 20 Oct 1888 in Lucas CO Iowa Burial: Fry Cemetery Sec13 Jackson Twsp Lucas Co Iowa m: Bet. 1856 - 1857
Is anyone on this list researching the McDonald Family.
I am looking for information on Robert B. McDonald born abt 1832 Ohio
and was last know to be in Lucas County in the 1900 census. His wife,
Ellen was born Indiana abt 1836 and they had a daughter Loracy born
abt 1859 Missouri. This daughter is the line I have been searching.
Any help would be appreciated.
Apple Valley, CA
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, IALUCAS. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Lucas County, Iowa including the surrounding region of south central Iowa.
Welcome to the IALUCAS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.