Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I've "rescued" an old photograph of Josephine HOWE which was taken at the
Brady and Medaris Studio in Monticello, IA in the 1890's when Josephine was
just an infant. Based on limited research I was able to gather the following
information regarding Josephine and her family:
Josephine HOWE was b. 30 Mar 1895 to parents George HOWE (1870-1953 son of
Samuel HOWE and Catherine HAGGERTY) and Lucretia "Lulu" E. HENDER
(1864-1955). Josephine was one of 4 children born to this couple including,
Josephine; William Clayton; Harold Hender; and Roscoe Leland HOWE, all born
between 1895 and 1901. Josephine died April 1985 in Mansfield, IL and is
buried in the Mansfield Cemetery in Mansfield.
Census records provide the following details:
1900 census of Blue Ridge, IL:
George HOWE, age 30, married 6 years, born IL, parents born Ireland/Canada,
Lucretia HOWE, wife, age 35, born Sept 1864, married 6 years, 3 children/3
living, born IL, parents born England/TN
Josephine HOWE, dau, age 5, born Mar 1895, born IL
Clayton HOWE, son, age 3, born Apr 1897, born IL
Harold HOWE, son, age 1, born Dec 1898, born IL
+ 1 Servant
1910 census of Blue Ridge, IL:
George HOWE, age 40, married 16 years, born IL, parents born Ireland/Canada,
Lucretia E. HOWE, wife, age 45, married 16 years, 5 children/5 living, born
IL, parents born England/AL
Josephine HOWE, dau, age 15, born IL
William C. HOWE, son, age 12, born IL
Harold H. HOWE, son, age 11, born IL
Roscoe L. HOWE, son, age 9, born IL
+ 1 Employee
1920 census of Blue Ridge, IL:
George HOWE, age 50, born IL, parents born Ireland/Canada, a Farmer
Lulu HOWE, wife, age 55, born IL, parents born England/AL
Josephine HOWE, dau, age 24, born IL
Clayton HOWE, son, age 23, born IL
Harold HOWE, son, age 21, born IL
Roscoe HOWE, son, age 18, born IL
1930 census of Portland, OR: - boarding in the home of Harriet ARNOLD
Josephine HOWE, age 35, born IL, parents born IL, parents born IL, a Power
Co. Claims Investigator
1940 census of Portland, OR:
Josephine HOWE, age 45, born IL, a Transportation Claims Investigator
I'm hoping to locate someone from this HOWE Family so that this photograph
can be returned to family. If you are a member of this family, or you know
someone who might be, please contact me.
Welcome to the IAJONES mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.