Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
What do you think of when you think of the month of February?
Valentine’s Day? Black History Month? Your mother’s birthday? I’m sure
there are various things that comes to mind. All of which can be
directly related to our genealogy. That is what IAGenWeb is all about –
our Iowa genealogy. Would you like to join a great volunteer team to
help others with their genealogy, and find great tidbits along the way
of your own history?
The counties that are available for new coordinators are Jones, Jackson,
Sac, Ida, Poweshiek, Crawford, Scott, Harrison, Lee, Black Hawk,
Carroll, Greene, Lyon and Adams. You can visit each of them from
http://www.iagenweb.org/state/colist.php . Clicking on the name will
take you to the county.
Wonder what all is involved? The Volunteer Primer
http://www.iagenweb.org/state/primer.htm is a good place to start.
Wondering how much is involved? You can spend as much time as you like!
It does take a few hours a week at the minimum. Of course, more time is
needed when getting started.
The Welcome Hostesses, Conni and Cindy, will be glad to answer any
questions you have, and help you along the way with learning the ropes.
Contact them soon at welcome_to_iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org . We look forward
to hearing from you!
Conni and Cindy
IAGenWeb Welcome Hostess
Welcome to the IAJONES mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.