Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I am helping my friend Karen to research her father's lines and I have traced the Adams people back to your county. Her 2nd-great grandfather was in Jones County when it was a territory and later on in the 1860s as a state. Do you have any further information on the following? We are looking for bios and verification of the birth dates and such.
William Henry Adams Sr b. Jun 1815 Egg Harbor City, Atlantic Co, NJ; d. probably in Washington Territory/State in 1880s. He married---
Elizabeth Van Sant +variants about 1844 in Iowa. She died in 1904 in Sacramento, CA.
Known children are:
1-Martha A b. 1845 Richland,Jones Co, Iowa Territory per 1850 census
2-Amanda b. 1846 Richland, Jones Co per 1850 census
3-Mary Ann b. Jun 1849 Richland, Jones Co per 1850 census; Iowa d. Jan 1940 Tehama, CA
4-Alonzo b. 1852 Richland (per 1850 census)
5-Nancy b. 30Jan 1855 Iowa City, Wright Co ??
6-Nathan b. 1858 Richland, Jones Co per 1860 census; res. Contra Costa, CA per 1880 census
7- Omer or Omar b. 1862 prob. Contra Costa, CA per 1880 census
8-John Leroy b. Oct 1862 [Iowa City, Johnson Co] per 1880 census ??
9-William b. 1867 California per 1880 census; 1883 & 1885 Klickitat Co, Wash. Terr. censuses
10-Hannah b. 1870 California per Contra Costa, CA 1880 census; 1883 & 1885 Klickitat Co, Wash. Terr. censuses
Thanking you in advance for your help. If there are any search and copy fees please let us know.
Whidbey Island, Washington State
A NEW YEAR is upon us! Let¹s start 2015 with new ideas & new blood. IAGenWeb
has several county sites that need a caring county coordinator, with
genealogy interest in the county. Jones County IAGenWeb is one of those
Please consider helping us out by making application for the web coordinator
responsibilities. Inquire using the following web address for the IAGenWeb
Welcome Hosts: welcome_to_iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org
Read all about it, using this link: http://www.iagenweb.org/state/primer.htm
You are more than welcome to make inquiry regarding any of the Adoptable
Available Counties Greene, Lyon, Guthrie, Adams, Jones, Mahaska, Butler,
Lee and Dubuque.
~Linda Ziemann, Welcome Hostess
Welcome to the IAJONES mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.