Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
WOW! Here we are already into the month of August! Training camp has opened
and football preseason is about to begin. What a great time of the year it is!
And to make August even better IAGenWeb preseason looks as if we are headed for
another Wild Rose winning season! Take a look at the great 'teams' that will be
participating in the preseason training camp and find your favorite 'team' to be
a part of.
This seasons teams are: Adams, Black Hawk, Chickasaw, Des Moines, Dickinson,
Greene, Guthrie, Lee, Lyon, Montgomery, Osceola, Pottawattamie and Scott. They
all have Great assistance coaching staffs, with the best players in any league .
great volunteers and free genealogical on site data.
We hope you will come join us for the late summer training camp and pick your
favorite team to be a head coach of. Just contact the IAGenWeb Welcome
Hostesses welcome_to_iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org for more information and an
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Constance & Cheryl
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3392 / Virus Database: 3209/6541 - Release Date: 07/31/13
Welcome to the IAJOHNSO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.