Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
My grand fathe r was from Iowa city he later married Sarah Lacey Of Des
Moines he was a plummer, he had brothers and a sister named Loise Henry and Joe
later Moved to Gary In in the 1930 where he raised me my mother was windowed
his daughter, Sarah died in the 40's of cancer and it seems togo back a long
way in the family I lost my 45 year old daughter this year I have a 24 year
old granddauther and one 17 the oldest has cancer I did 10 years a go Sarah
Laqcey died in the 40's living young children and her 2 daughters did to plus
1 sister any info on this family would be appreciate
Regards,Susan Graham Sewell SC Grandfather Edw. W,Munkhoff died also in Iowa city
************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
I am looking for imformation regarding Seth Bartlett, born 01 Sep 1782
in Northampton, Massachusetts, lived in Strongsville, Ohio and Solon,
Johnson County, Iowa where he died 26 August 1868.
He married Rebecca Nichols (1785-1871) 09 January 1809 in Massachusetts.
Is there a possibility of finding an obituary for Seth and Rebecca?
San Pablo, CA
Do you have slides tucked away in storage or buried in a closet? Is the
content of these slides invaluable? Professional Slide Imaging, a division
of PIP Printing & Document Services in Iowa City, can help you in preserving
the past through a process called slide digitization!
Simply bring us your slides straight from storage: in projector trays,
neatly organized in plastic sheets or strewn about in a box. We will
convert the slides to high quality digital images, and return these images
to you on CD or DVD, along with your original slides. You can then view
these cherished images on your computer screen or TV, e-mail them to friends
and family, or take them to a photo service for printing.
For additional information, visit our website -
- or email me directly at kris(a)pipic.com. No need to come in, ask me about
PIP Printing & Document Services is a trusted business partner - locally
owned for 26 years.
Professional Slide Imaging,
a division of PIP Printing & Document Services
2650 Mormon Trek Blvd.
Iowa City, IA 52240
Welcome to the IAJOHNSO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.