This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
To the list:
We now have the Historic Atlas of Iowa Counties available online at the following address:
Each Atlas CD consists of 9 bordering counties making up 1 of 11 Zones that depict all of
Iowa's 99 counties; 192 city and village plats are also included in this series. Each
individual Zone Atlas contains high resolution scanned images of vintage 1875 county and
city maps that are presented in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
Each atlas includes the following 19th century features:
* roads, railroads and canals
* cities, towns and villages
* post offices and government sites
* one-room schoolhouses, churches and cemeteries
* rivers, streams and ferries
* racetracks, fairgrounds and picnic groves
* industrial sites, furnaces and mills
* early homesteads and farms
- and much, much more
The Historic Atlas of Iowa series may be an invaluable aid to Genealogists, Historians and
other researchers of 19th century Iowa places. The Adobe Acrobat Reader for MS Windows is
needed to view, zoom, pan and print from the PDF map images contained in this atlas; and
is included free on each CD. No other software is necessary.
CD's may be purchased either by mail order or instantly online by secure credit card
transaction with PayPal. All major credit cards are accepted.