Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Google News Archives has digital copies of many old newspapers which can be browsed by date. The complete list of newspapers is at http://news.google.com/newspapers.
These Dubuque area newspapers are available at Google.
Daily Express and Herald
Dubuque Weekly Observer
Dubuque Democratic Herald
Dubuque Daily Herald
Daily Dubuque Herald
Dubuque Sunday Herald
Dubuque Daily Telegraph
The Telegraph-Herald and Times-Journal
"Browse the newspaper" will bring up a list of issues available for this publication. There are various ways to navigate through the issues: by year, by decade, by month, etc.
If a date is missing, go the the first available preceding date and view it. Occasionally more than one issue of the newspaper will be scanned under a single date. There could be a whole week's issues scanned under a single date.
Caution: Verify the newspaper date and page shown with the actual date and page number from the image; they occasionally disagree.
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, IAJACKSO. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Jackson County, Iowa including the surrounding region of east central Iowa and the surrounding counties in Wisconsin and Illinois.
Welcome to the IAJACKSO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.