Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
I have quite a bit on the ancestory and siblings of your MARGARET MAYNE LUTTON formerly of Lawrence County, Pennsylvania. Her parents were Samuel Mayne (1796-1864) and his wife Catherine Stewart. My e-mail address is david.a.mccormick(a)gmail.com I'll send you a WORD FILE with several pages on that family as an e-mail attachement if you wish. My cell phone is 703-536-2465. .
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
This is a Message Board Post. Reply to the message or author by clicking on
the link below.
MESSAGE: (#438496) Re: William & Cora McGuire
DATE: 4/11/2013 at 10:58:11
Reply To: (#209268) Re: William & Cora McGuire
Author: Virginia Threlk
Date: 11/18/2008 at 10:06:24
The Cora E. McGuire buried in the Zion Cemetery her maiden name is Strong and
not Mercer. Buried with husband Andrew Willis McGuire..
I have also found a record on familysearch.com for Cora A. McGuire - daughter
of Monroe Mercer and Elizabeth Taylor marrying William Wyant May 23, 1903 in
Marengo. SO did this Cora A. Mercer marry 3 times... to William McGuire,
William Wyant, and the Mckusker ??
Hello Iowa County researchers!
We have a few more additions posted to the IAGenWeb Iowa County, Iowa
website for your viewing pleasure. I've been terribly busy this past year
but come July, watch out for a large amount of new records! Please visit
http://iagenweb.org/iowa/whatsnew.htm to see what's been added.
If you think you might be interested in becoming an IAGenWeb website
county coordinator for another county there is a good selection of
counties to choose from. New coordinators are needed for OSCEOLA, WAYNE,
HENRY, SCOTT, LEE, GREENE, WEBSTER, LYON, CHICKASAW, GUTHRIE, DICKINSON, &
MONTGOMERY counties. For more information contact the IAGenWeb Welcome
Hostesses at mailto:email@example.com.
Happy family researching!
IAGenWeb Iowa County Coordinator. http://iagenweb.org/iowa/
Welcome to the IAIOWA mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.