Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This is a Message Board Post. Reply to the message or author by clicking on
the link below.
MESSAGE: (#368821) Re: SHERMAN
AUTHOR: Rick Sherman
DATE: 12/23/2011 at 21:14:20
Reply To: (#294826) Re: SHERMAN
Author: Rick Sherman
Date: 8/23/2010 at 22:24:22
Sylvester Sherman, Also Known As S. Sherman, Squire born: 8 Jan 1822 OH died:
11 Feb 1896 Marengo, IA burial: IOOF Cemetery, Marengo, IA
moved to Iowa Twp. Iowa Co, IA in 1856, moved to Honey Creek Twp., Iowa Co, IA
in 1872, moved to Marengo, IA in 1888.
married 23 Jun 1847 Bridgeport, CT to:
Irene M Peet born: 29 Aug 1823 in Bristol, VT died: 24 Jun, 1900 Marengo, Iowa
Parents of Sylvester are:
Philo Sherman born: 16 Jun 1787 Newtown Twp, Fairfield Co., CT died: 20 Apr
1875 Wakeman, Huron Co., OH Burial Poyer Cemetery Berlin Heights, Erie Co, OH
married (1) 23 Oct 1808 (2) 30 Dec 1835 moved to Wakeman, OH on Sept. 14, 1822
1st marrage to Phebe Masters born: 1789 CT died: June 8, 1859 Burial Poyer
Cemetery Berlin Heights, Erie Co, OH
2nd marriage to unkown Daniels b: ABT. 1810 m 30 Dec 1835
Son of Sylvester and Irene Sherman:
Sylvester Frederick Sherman
(Also Known As: S.F., Sylvester F, Fred K. S., Fredric, Frederick, F.S.,
Samuel Frederick, and
Frederick Sylvester) *note: census records and obituaries use different
variations of this name with the same birth date and the same wife.
born: Mar 10, 1849 New Haven, CT died: Feb 19, 1906 Honey Creek Twp., Iowa
Co., IA burial: Koszta Cemetery, Iowa Co, IA
married Dec 25, 1883 Iowa Co, IA to
Sarah Isadore Patterson born: Apr 30, 1862 Honey Creek Twp., Iowa Co., IA
died: Jun 20, 1926 Ladora, IA burial: Koszta Cemetery, Iowa Co, IA Father
Alexander Patterson Mother Melissa Nicholson
Welcome to the IAIOWA mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.