Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Henry County, Iowa Genweb coordinator, Cathy Labath, has posted Issue 1 and 2 of my newsletter, The Flint River Compnay of 1850 at iahenry(a)rootsweb.com
The newsletter is about a wagon train of residents from Des Monines County Iowa that went to the Calfornia Gold Rush in 1850 from there. Some of the members and their descendants moved to Henry County after thier return to Iowa.
Here are the articles.
In issue one the articles are:
1. The Members of the Flint River Company
2. Corrected Membership List of the Flint River Company
3. The Flint River Company, Prelude to the Journey in Des Moines County
4. Genealogy of the Flint River Company Members
5. Descendants of David Husted and Pricill Diament
6. William Husted
7. Descendants of William Husted and Nancy Harper
8. In the Library
9. Genealogy on the Internet
10. On the Internet
11. pages from the probate file of William Husted
In issue two the articles are:
1. Possible Routes to Trader's Pointin Southeast Iowa
2. Miles Babb, Died in California Mine, Descendants Left Legacy of Public Service
3. Return From California by Steamship Via Isthmus of Panama
4. Phillip R. Harman, Died in CA, Estate Probated in Des Mones County, IA
5. Corrected List of the FRC Members
6. Photos of Grave Markers of Flint River Company Memebers and Descendants
7. Genealogy of the Flint River Company Members
8. On the Internet
9. In the Library
10 S. Augustus Mitchell, Map of Iowa 1850
11. Probate Inventory of Phillip R. Harman
Leslie W. Saint
Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger.
I just published the first issue of the Flint River Company of 1850 newsletter. It is about Des Moines County, Iowa residents that went to the Califronia gold fields in 1850. Some of the members and some of the member descendants moved to Henry County.
I hope to make it a quarterly publication. Anyone on this list is welcome to have a copy. I send it out in a pdf file attached to email. Please request a copy at flintriver(a)hotmail.com. It's free.
If you are a descendant of a member and have any story, account or diary of the trip, I would like to publish it in the newsletter.
The name of themembers of the company are listed below.
Some of the members and descentants of members that moved to Henry County are:
Miles Babb, wife and descendants--Mary Moyer Babb, son Washinton I. Babb, Judge in Henry Co., daughter, Arabella A. Babb
Edward Coad, wife and descendants--Nancy Ford Coad, Edgar T. Coad, John M. Coad, Fred H. Coad
Epharim Husted descendants-grandchildren and descendants--Edward H. Eland and William P. Eland and their descendants
Joseph Fiialkowski descendants--some of them moved to Henry Co.
Samuel T. Saint--lived in Henry Co. from 1843 to at least 1847 and probably lived in Des Moines Co. after marriage to Hannah Husted.
I also posted a Flint River Company of 1850 gedcom at the World Connect Project at Rootsweb.com
Leslie W. Saint
Members of the Flint River Company of 1850. I corrected for some misspelled names from a list in the Burlington Hawk-Eye newspaper, May 30, 1850.
Hamilton R. Box
Wm., E. Brown
Zebina C. Hovey,
Jacob Kline or Cline
J. L. Murphy
George W. Noble
J. W. Patterson
Edward R. Pliley
M. M. Pierson
Samuel E. Pope
Samuel T. Saint
David J. Sales
T. F. Stewart
Levi W. Waldo
James B. Yates
More immediate than e-mail? Get instant access with Windows Live Messenger.