Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
As we have all heard today Rootsweb is ending their mail lists as of March 2nd. I would like to invite all who are subscribed to the Iowa county Rootsweb mail lists to remember you can subscribe to the IAGenWeb Query Boards as well as the Bio, documents and obituary boards. A list of all county message boards (free to use) can be found here http://iagenweb.org/state/countygrid.htm
To subscribe to the query boards for the counties you are listed in follow these simple steps:
1) Click on the board/s you are interested in. It will open in a new page.
2) Click on the link "SUBSCRIBE" when that page opens, enter your email address and click 'ADD ADDRESS TO LIST" and then click "Send Address".
YOU ARE FINISHED. You will now receive all queries posted to that Query Board and any other boards you subscribe to.
I hope you will join us on our IAGenWeb boards!
Welcome to the IAHARRIS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.