Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Good morning to everyone, I am requesting any information on the
LeClaire's, LeCompte's, Livermont's, Livermore's, Peck's and Wilkie's
What I have so far is: Peter (Pierre) "Peta" Livermore b. 1811, Canada
m. Julia LeClaire b. 1832 Ft. Lookout, Lyman Co. Dakotta Territory. they
had several children. Some of them were born in Sioux County, Bad River,
Dakota Territory, and some were born in Of Fremont, IA. Then they went
to Pottawatomee Co., KS, After that they went back to SD. And then some
went to NE.
In 1862/3 Peter and Julia went to Oregon which is where they both died.
My grandfather Frank Wendell Levermont b. 1899 Dakota Territory d. 1960
Duarte, CA m. Rose Victoria Wilkie b. 2-28 1897/8 Pembina, Belcourt, ND,
her parents were Gabriel (Kab-ish) Wilkie and Marie Charette. Later on
Frank changed his last name to Livermont
Franks's parents were Frank Eugene Levermont b. 1-26-1872 Hamburg,
Fremont Co. IA d. 1-17-1951 m. Lottie (Lotta, Lotter) Peck b. 1878 IA d.
3-13-1968 CA, her parents were James Peck and Julia Marshall Chausse.
Frank's parents were Peter Livermont b. 1848 Of Fremont, IA m. Eugenie
(Jane) Callion/ Callioz b. 1850 poss, France or KS d. 1903, parents u/k.
Peter's parents were Peter Livermore and Julia LeClaire, her parents
were Oliver LeClaire b. abt. 1795 Ft Lookout, Lyman Co. Dakota Territory
and "Her Many Pipes" Iron Cedar Woman, who was the daughter of Chief
Crow Feather #1, chief of Bow Sioux, her mother was sister to Red Cloud.
Several children from Oliver and Iron Cedar Woman married the
LeCompte's, and Velandry (Velandra),
Around 1860 the Livermore's changed the name to Livermont, and some went
Some of the surnames concerning this family are: Arpan, Babby,
Callion/Callioz, Charette, Chausse, Cummings, Ducheneaux, LaRoche,
LeBeau, LeClaire, LeCompte, Levermont, Livermont, Livermore, Narcelle,
Overseth, Peck, Red Cloud, Swift Bird, Traversie, Velandry (Velandra)
Whitney, Wilkie, Plus many more.
I have more information, and willing to share. Hope to hear from
someone. Have a great day.
Welcome to the IAFREMON mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.