Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Who is your grandfather? My Great grandparents were: Paul Peterson & Johana
Khatrine Anderson Peterson. His daughter, (my paternal grandmother), was
Petraya Dorothy Elsena Peterson.
Are we related?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike "Dino" Peterson" <geanie(a)cox.net>
To: <IAEMMET(a)rootsweb.com>; <iadickin(a)rootsweb.com>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 8:22 PM
Subject: [IAEMMET] Cherokee
> For years I was aware of my grandfather being born in Emmet County.
> in one of the ancestry.com census files I found my grandfather and two of
> his siblings in Richland, Dickinson County, and it has birthplace being
> recorded as "Iowa - Cherokee."
> Does anyone have any knowledge of a Cherokee in either Emmet or Dickinson
> County? The only Cherokee I can find is in Cherokee County and so far
> has never been any record of the family living in that county. Any help
> would be appreciated.
> Mike Peterson
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> IAEMMET-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
For years I was aware of my grandfather being born in Emmet County. Recently
in one of the ancestry.com census files I found my grandfather and two of
his siblings in Richland, Dickinson County, and it has birthplace being
recorded as "Iowa - Cherokee."
Does anyone have any knowledge of a Cherokee in either Emmet or Dickinson
County? The only Cherokee I can find is in Cherokee County and so far there
has never been any record of the family living in that county. Any help
would be appreciated.
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, IAEMMET. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Emmet County, Iowa including the surrounding region of northwestern Iowa and south central Minnesota.
Welcome to the IAEMMET mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.