Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
July 1, 2012 began the new term for our IAGenWeb Leadership Team. The Iowa State Coordinator is now Stephen D. William and the Assistant State Coordinator is Constance Hall. Lynn McCleary and Cheryl Siebrass are the Welcome Hostesses.
IAGenWeb has some beautiful counties that need coordinators:
They are ready for someone to give them the care they deeply deserve. It is not necessary to live in Iowa to be a county coordinator. The coordinator’s main duties include answering email requests for research assistance, providing newly transcribed information, and maintaining the site, mostly through minimizing broken links. We'd prefer a coordinator have at least basic knowledge of how to create web pages, either by writing their own code or using web design software.
Read more about the position at http://iagenweb.org/state/primer.htm .
If you would like to adopt one of these counties, please drop us a line at welcome_to_iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org
We would love hearing from you!
IAGenWeb Welcome Hostesses
This is a Message Board Post. Reply to the message or author by clicking on
the link below.
MESSAGE: (#396422) Polly J or Velma Cady
AUTHOR: LeRoy Nassif
DATE: 7/11/2012 at 21:03:35
Surnames: CADY JONES
Can some lookup the birthdate of Velma Cady from the school census reocrds if
available in Dickinson County. She was born 1887 or 1888. She married a Henry
Jones and had a daughter name Rosalie Jones. I am trying to find out date and
place of death for Rosalie and Valme. She was living in MN and then moved to
Wisconsin in 1930s-1960s
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
i would like to know if you have info on a paul stoltenberg
who lived in new york city
ty robert toner
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
Welcome to the IADICKIN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.