Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
This is a Message Board Post. Reply to the message or author by clicking on
the link below.
MESSAGE: (#241817) genealogy
AUTHOR: T. J. Holmes
DATE: 7/17/2009 at 11:06:21
Surnames: MC NALL
I am looking for an obituary for Elmer Leslie McNall who was reported to be
living in Spirit Lake, IA, in 1936 at the time of his father's death. He was
not listed as a survivor in his brother's obituary in 1942. He was born in
Drury township, Rock Island county, Il, to Edmond and Axey Sedam McNall.
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
For those of you who may be doing research in Des Moines County, there is a new group started - Des Moines County Group.
IAGenWeb Dickinson Co Coordinator
Their group is at
and you're invited to join! This will be a place
where you can ask questions, meet other
researchers, share information and discuss
genealogy-especially as it relates to Des Moines
County. So stop by and sign up. It's easy and it
will be fun to see how this works.
The author of this message may not be subscribed to this list. If you would like to reply to them, please click on the Message Board URL link above and respond on the board.
Celebrate! It's our country's 233^rd birthday! Becoming a county
coordinator is a wonderful way to share and celebrate our heritages in
our wonderful country. Counties available are Guthrie, Buena Vista,
Greene, Guthrie, Monroe, Lucas and Fremont. Spend some time becoming
familiar with them at http://iagenweb.org/state/colist.php. For more
information on what is required of a county coordinator, please read the
Volunteer Primer at http://iagenweb.org/state/primer.htm.
Email the Welcome Hostesses with your choice of counties at
<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> and we will send you an
application. If you have any questions, we will do our very best to
answer them! We will also assist you as you settle into your newly
Happy 4^th of July!
Conni Mac & Peggy
IAGenWeb Welcome Hostesses
Welcome to the IADICKIN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.