Can anyone give me information about John GILES b. ca 1818, somewhere in PA;
d. 10 Feb 1893, Davis Co, IA.
His wife was Catherine/Kate SHISLER/SCHISLER/SHISSLER b. ca 1821, somewhere
in OH; d. 4 Jan 1896 Davis Co., IA; bur. Round Grove Cemetery, Roscoe Twp.,
Davis Co., IA.
They were married 19 Sep 1841 in Fairfield Co., OH by Wm. Rice, JP.
1848 they moved to Davis Co, IA from Pike Co., OH
1850 census they were in Prairie Twp., Davis Co., IA.
1870 census they were in Roscoe Twp., Davis Co., IA
1. Sarah Jane Giles, b. ca 1842, OH.
2. Daniel Boone Giles, b. 1844, OH; m. Jane RADAR; d. 11 Apr 1925;
bur. Radar Cemetery, Davis Co., IA. Ch: Clay & Zella.
3. Jane Giles, b. ca 1846 (maybe Pike Co) OH; m. Calvin REIDEL;
they later lived in McPherson, KS.
4. Ephraim Giles, b. ca 1847, OH; m. to Mary (or Millie) ______ in
MO; lived in Culver KS; d. aft. 1896.
5. John w. (Jack?) Giles, b. ca 1849.
6. America Ellen Giles, b. 20 Dec 1853, Davis Co., IA; m. 26 Nov
1871 to JAMES OWEN GLASGOW.
7. Nora Alice Giles, b. ca 1855; m. to a RICHARDSON or a MACK;
lived in later years with America Ellen GILES GLASGOW in Luray, KS.
8. Nelly b. ca 1860; m. Henry BEECRAFT; lived in Billngs MT.
AMERICA ELLEN GILES and JAMES OWEN GLASGOW are my husband's grandparents.
She and James Owen GLASGOW moved to Osborne Co. Kansas in 1879. He died 28
Oct 1923 at Culver, Ottawa Co., KS. She died 25 Jul 1948, Salina, Saline