Lynn Clarke-Dallas, TX US
My business website: http://smallbusiness.freewebspace.com/
My genealogy website: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~clarke
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 3:04 PM
Subject: [ILPIKE] Re: Somebody's Links, Vol. 3, No. 27
In a message dated 8/17/01 5:27:06 AM, jebrown(a)ecity.net writes:
<< o In an antique mall in Des Moines, Iowa, I found a few
pictures with names (many without names) which I purchased.
Anyone interested can have them for what I paid (.50 to $3) plus
postage. I will also be glad to send a scan.
1. Joan Marie RANDALL, Oct. 1962 -- about age 7, no location
2. Charlie SMITH -- circa early 1900s, male in 20s, Dawson,
3. Arther WILSON and Linnie WILSON (GILLETTE) -- teenagers --
4. Miss Nellie BRINKMAN, Mrs. Mary BRINKMAN, taken Oct. 9,
1917, Barry, Illinois -- on card sent to Mrs. Lena WATKINS,
5. Edwin Harvey and Louisa (THOMPSON) PORTER and Llewellyn
and Sadie. Photographer is Campion & Walfenden, Palace Photo
Studio, no location unless Palace is a place. Couple in late
20s, children circa ages 5 and 6, early 1900s.
6. Mrs. Lucy WATKINS with a man -- both about age 50, circa
1910. Photographer: Clauser Kros, Havana, Illinois.
7. Frank BERKEY family -- couple about 35-40, eight children
from toddler to teens, circa early 1900s -- formal portrait, no
photographer or place.
8. Uncle Sherman McCLURE, man in 20s, circa 1910. Name Ella
written on back. No place.
9. Snapshot of Mrs. WITTIE and Loyd. June 1, 1923. Boy about
age 12 on bicycle with woman standing beside him.
10. Snapshot of what appears to be a school group of older
teens circa 1920 -- no place given. Writing is small and my
interpretation may be inaccurate. Lloyd MULHOLLAND, Harold
STENEMATIS, Wayne MULHOLLAND, Ed WICKS, Clara BELL(?), Mable
ACKERMAN, Norma ROBERTS, Mary ASKEY, Margaret SCHULER, May
KENWORTHY, Beulah SHAFER, Opal COUCIER, Mildren ROBERTS, Gladys
FIGGINS. The name Edwin is written on the side.
11. Two large portraits which I did not buy, in large oval
frames: Mr. John W. SUTHERLAND 1824-1916 and Mrs. Eliz.
SUTHERLAND 1826-1916. Older -- probably taken late in their
lives. The portraits were marked $69 each. I made note of the
vendor number. Contact me for further information.
12. Also, in my mother's things, I found a studio portrait
8x10 of Virginia SHARPLES, age 16, September 21, 1940. The
SHARPLES family lived in Colfax, Iowa in the 1930s, moving to
California in the 1940s.
Joyce Brown jebrown(a)ecity.net >>
Barbara (Saxbury) Freeman
Pike Co ILGenWeb
Saxbury Family History
Finding our ancestors in the
AOL Members Genealogy Web Sites
Autumn Windz Soaps &
==== ILPIKE Mailing List ====
Pike County Families
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com
Version: 6.0.265 / Virus Database: 137 - Release Date: 7/18/01
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!