Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Would that be a D. F. Marlow? Enlisting in August 17,1861 and again
enlisting on Jan 1, 1864. History of Davis Co. 1882
No Becraft listed.
> [Original Message]
> From: bobtodd <bobtodd32(a)comtekmail.com>
> To: <IADAVIS-L(a)rootsweb.com>
> Date: 10/30/2005 6:15:01 PM
> Subject: [IADAVIS-L] Dr Frank MARLOW/Becraft
> Family geanolgies (most base on Bible records of the Lawrence, Showater &
> Becraft families) of 1950-1980 vintage which I received from various
> cousins, now deceased, list: Dr Frank Marlow as marrying Sarah E Becraft
> 1866 in Davis Co, IA. Sarah died in 1871. He is also listed as marrying
> her 1st cousin, Catherine Becraft (No dates). I have been unable to find
> any trace of Dr Marlow in Davis Co, IA. Can anyone shed an light on Dr
> Thanks, Todd
> ==== IADAVIS Mailing List ====
> Davis County Genealogical Society PO Box 94 Bloomfield, IA 52537
> Meets every 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Library.
> Find your ancestors in the Birth, Marriage and Death Records.
> New content added every business day. Learn more:
I looked in a couple of pamphlets I have of Davis
Co. marriages and deaths in the mid-1800's.
All I could find of your names was:
Becraft, Edward, age 3 yrs. b:Iowa, died 8 Jan. 1881,
buried: Barker Church Cemetery.
These booklets don't contain everyone, but maybe this
will help. I'd say they didn't stay long in Davis Co.
Morning listers, I'm a new kid on the block (list). I'm searching for information on and descendants of three Becraft brothers and sisters who married three Lawrence brothers and sisters in Indiana and moved to Iowa in 1850-1870 time frame, with many other family members. Also, can anyone provide the address of Trudy Plotz who had placed a query on this subject on the Davis Co Query site in September of 1996.
Thank you, Bob Todd in Manassas, VA
Can anyone help me find the obit of Iva SAWVEL? According to the SSDI, she
died 15 Jul 1967, last residence was Ottumwa. But someone on the IAWAPELL list
informs me that the obit cannot be found there. I am trying Davis Co. because
the family spent many years here and there are several SAWVELs buried in
Welcome to the IADAVIS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.