Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
PILGRIM LINKS (QUIZ)
by Myra Vanderpool Gormley, CG (myra_gormley(a)prodigy.net)
If you are not too stuffed with Thanksgiving Day dinner to pull
up to your computer, take our Turkey Day quiz to see how much you
know about the Pilgrims' famous feast.
1. What year did the Pilgrims have their feast?
a. 1620; b. 1625; c. 1621.
2. Why was their feast held outdoors?
a. It was Indian summer and the weather was nice;
b. old English tradition;
c. had no building large enough for the crowd.
3. How long did the feast last?
a. 3 days; b. a week; c. 2 days.
4. Approximately how many Native Americans shared their feast?
a. 80; b. 90; c. no one counted them.
5. What food did the Indians bring to share with the Pilgrims?
a. turkeys; b. deer; c. ducks, geese and swans.
6. Among the desserts served was furmenty (also spelled
frumenty). What was it?
a. berry pie; b. wheat pudding; c. cranberry sauce.
7. Which food did not appear on the table at the feast?
a. squash; b. ham; c. clams.
8. What did the Pilgrims probably drink at this feast?
a. spring water; b. beer; c. champagne.
9. What item that is often depicted as part of a Pilgrim's
costume is not accurate?
a. buckles; b. breeches; c. lace.
10. How many Pilgrims probably were at the feast?
a. 52; b. 102; c. 82.
Answers Appear at the End of this Issue
Good luck in your quest,
Yvonne (aka Daisy)
Yvonne James-Henderson, Burke, VA
Family and friends, just a few of the reasons we have
to be thankful for! Ask me about these Family
Discussion Lists: BALLEAU BOOKOUT BRISBIN COOKSEY HITT
HORN KENTON LAWSON LUCKY MORROW SWEET ZIMMERMAN
==== IADAVIS Mailing List ====
List problems? First, read the Welcome Message that you received
when you subscribed. Feel free to contact Yvonne James-Henderson,
list administrator with questions concerning this list!