Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Fall's cool temperatures and beautiful colors, football and genealogy! What
more can you ask for at this time of the year!?! Here at IAGenWeb
http://iagenweb.org/ we have a great "team" of orphan counties just
waiting for someone to help them cross that goal line for a touch down! Our
"team" (Adams, Clinton, Greene, Guthrie, Ida, Jackson, Jones, Linn, Lyon,
Mahaska, Poweshiek and Sac) comes in all sizes, strengths and they cross the
State of Iowa. They all want and need a new 'coach' with that Iowa winning
So if you have a connection to Iowa and want to be a part of a winning team,
check out our "special team" and chose the member you feel you can be the
big winner with, that you can bring across the goal line. Once you decide
on that 'member' then contact the Welcome Hostess at
welcome_to_iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org and let us know you are interested and
would like more information on what it takes to become a CC of this IAGenWeb
great team. We will be happy to send you the information and answer your
We look forward to hearing from you!
Constance & Kris
Welcome Hostess welcome_to@iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org
Welcome to the IACRAWFO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.