Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Looks like they are buried in the Dow City Cemetery, scroll down to REESER:
Elizabeth isn't listed; remember this reading was done as a WPA porject; she
likely died AFTER the reading and so isn't included.
For 16 other REESER references, go to:
The county should have death certificates; this will get you closer to a
death date. With an exact date, you'll have an easier time getting
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Orr" <boborr(a)abelink.com>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 6:43 PM
Subject: [IACRAWFO] Crawford Co., IA
> Elizabeth Jane Orr md. 13 Jun. 1877, LaSalle Co., IL to Jacob Reeser b. ca
> 1858. By 1900 they were living in Paradise Twp., Crawford Co., IA where
> they are also found in the 1910 census. By 1930 they are living in Dow
> City, Union Twp., Crawford Co., IA.
> I would like to learn where they are buried and also who else may be
> buried on their family plat. Also the inscriptions on the tombstones.
> I would also like to obtain obit for both if possible. Thanks!
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> IACRAWFO-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
Elizabeth Jane Orr md. 13 Jun. 1877, LaSalle Co., IL to Jacob Reeser b. ca 1858. By 1900 they were living in Paradise Twp., Crawford Co., IA where they are also found in the 1910 census. By 1930 they are living in Dow City, Union Twp., Crawford Co., IA.
I would like to learn where they are buried and also who else may be buried on their family plat. Also the inscriptions on the tombstones.
I would also like to obtain obit for both if possible. Thanks!
I am wanting to ask - does the Courthouse have land records from 1878 to
1900 that can be looked up for a relative for our family reunion. His name is
Thomas D. Rigsby and his wife's name was Mary Jane Baber Rigsby. I appreciate
any help you can give me.
**************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.
Welcome to the IACRAWFO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.