Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
A reminder from the Crawford County Iowa Genealogical Society:
DENISON HISTORY BOOK
Denison will be celebrating its 150th Anniversary June 29 through July 3, 2006 and the Denison Sesquicentennial Committee is supporting the printing of a history book about the town. There are several books which have been written about Crawford County which include some history of Denison, yet no book has been published specific to the town, its people, businesses and organizations.
We encourage all residents of Denison, and past residents, to write a family history to be included in the book. It doesn't matter if you have just lived in Denison a couple of years, or if you have lived in Denison all your life. Of course, this includes anyone with a Denison address, whether city or rural area.
You may also include photos with your history. But please be sure they are good clear photos and be sure to put your name & address on the back side so we can return them to you.
The committee plans to publish the book in time to be sold during the celebration next summer. Therefore, we need the stories as soon as possible, but there is a deadline of February 10, 2006.
Submit your information to: Denison History Book
P O Box 415
Denison, IA 51442-0415.
We need help from all Denison residents to make this Denison History Book a success. In years to come you will be glad you included your family's history in this book! It will be around for future generations to enjoy. Thanks for your help! If you have questions you can contact Sharon Bandow (263-2214); Dianne Miller (263-3244); or Penny Kinney (263-2479).
We are also gathering Church Histories, School Histories, Business Histories (both past and present) and Histories of any Social Organization, Club, etc.
***********************************************************************Return this form with your Family History
Contact Person (name, address and phone number)
Number of Pictures Included
Do you plan to purchase a book when completed? Yes ____ No ____ Undecided ____
For informational purposes only
Additional information at ccigs24(a)yahoo.com
In a message dated 10/17/2005 6:23:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
You do not have to. I forgot your name.
Once joined, send mail to the list HERE:
To all our subscribers and especially ALL of the Crawford
County volunteers and all Crawford folks with ties to this county.
The following is from the State:
Congratulations on an A+ review for Crawford County!
Clearly the reviewer was very impressed and didn't leave much of anything
for me to say. :) I would like to comment, though, on the fresh look of
the pages and some distinctive ways you use to organize information, e.g.,
Name Lists, and your care in providing guidance to new visitors.
Thank you for all the hard work and effort you, Bob and all the
Volunteers put into your county.
IAGenWeb State Coordinator
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 12:53 AM
Subject: IAGenWeb Project Review Form - Fall 2005
Form location: http://iagenweb.org/state/review/
Submitted: Sat Oct 8 01:53:02 EDT 2005 from iagenweb.org
Required CC response: All CC's are required to respond to Greta within 2
weeks of the date appearing on this form. By responding, the CC is
certifying that their county site is in compliance with all IAGenWeb
requirements, including those requirements that haven't been mentioned in
County Reviewed: Crawford
Reviewer Name: Sharyl Ferrall
Email Address: allamakee(a)sharylscabin.com
1. Does the Iowa County Selection List point correctly: YES
2. Is state page By County listing correct: YES
3. Is state page By Name listing correct: YES
4. Iowa Queries Page points correctly: YES
5. Is Coordinator(s) email address easily found: YES
Query system being used: : RW/Ancestry message boards
6. Does site have a working query system: YES
7. Are there prominent logos correctly linking to IGW & USGW: YES
8. Is there a working link to Join Our Team: YES
9. Does site have lookup volunteers: YES
10. Does site have reference links: YES
11. Does site provide research help: YES
12. Are site pages in working order: YES
Problems found: The site is in top-notch condition!
13. Is policy regarding solicitation of funds handled properly: YES
14. Does site have onsite transcribed data: YES
Examples of onsite transcribed data: Complete data added recently:
-Cemetery transcriptions - some newly added or updated within the past
-1880 Mortalities list
-1930 Denison City Census, Wards 1, 2 and 3
-Paradise Township Officers from 1899 - 1916
There is a great deal of transcribed/complete data to be found on the
15. Does site have random data: YES
Examples of onsite random data: New within the past few months:
-1865 historical sketch of Crawford County
There is lots of random data to be found on the website.
16. Does site have a working site search engine: YES
17. Overall Site Rating: Meets All Requirements
18. Is the site listed on the IAGenWeb Whats New page: YES
Reviewer's comments: Fred & assistant Bob are doing a very nice
job with Crawford co. The site is welcoming, attractive and full of
excellent data. Good Job!!
Thank You Phyllis for the great job on posting the Mortalities chart
that really gives alot of information. Know it was alot of work to make it so
nice. Do you know if any of the other counties have one??? like Harrison or
surnames -- Rethmeier, Schlensig, Schwab, Knutzen, Schaupp, (and alot more )
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, IACRAWFO. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Crawford County, Iowa including the surrounding region of southwest central Iowa.
Welcome to the IACRAWFO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.