Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
For those of you with names tied
to the Soldier cemetery in Monona co a
link is placed in the cemetery section.
Thanks to Darlene B for bringing to our
For those of you with interests in the Iowa
Twp cemetery. We want to thank Randy Kasparbauer
for spearheading a cleanup. The trees were trimmed,
grass cut, and a couple stones straightened.
We reached another milestone today. The counter
hit 20000. This is something for our county to
be proud of. It means 10000 hits this past year.
There are very few counties in the midwest farming
region that are able to do so.
Crawford co CC
You might find something in a 1911 publication by S.J.Clarke
Publishing Co., Chicago, called the History of Crawford County.
Vol. I has a general history of the county and towns, while Vol. II
has somewhat detailed biographies of individuals that lived in the
county at that time.
I don't know whether there are copies in the Denison Library. I do
not have copies. Only have seen them.
> I own a home that J.T. Carey lived in. He was the mayor of
> Denison in the early 1900's. Have you come across any
> information about him as Mayor of Denison?
> Do you know where I could do research on him?
> Thank you. Bonnie Brodersen robbins(a)mind.net
> ==== IACRAWFO Mailing List ====
> This IACRAWFO list is currently available for adoption!
> Interested in becoming the list manager? Go here:
> Visit Ancestry.com for a FREE 14-Day Trial and enjoy access to the #1
> Source for Family History Online. Go to:
1889 Denison school photo and names are online.
All the Denison school photos on a separate link
page from the schools folder in the database.
The index page of the site I changed the "What's Here"
section by asking you to send queries to the mailing list.
This new genconnect tends to be confusing.
Crawford co CC
Can anyone help this person?
I own a home that J.T. Carey lived in. He was the mayor of
Denison in the early 1900's. Have you come across any
information about him as Mayor of Denison?
Do you know where I could do research on him?
Thank you. Bonnie Brodersen robbins(a)mind.net
Welcome to the IACRAWFO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.