Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Sorry to start another thread of messages so close to a Surname Shout Out
but with the lists being down the first part of the year it threw my
scheduling off. Hope you don't mind...
With this being the Memorial Day Weekend, I thought it would it be
interesting to post one ancestor we have in our family trees who served in
one of the many wars and battles we fought in US History. Obviously it has
to be an ancestor from this county. :)
Give a brief biography of that person including the unit and war he or she
was in, a POW, injuries, plus the usual genealogical stuff.
Thanks in advance and have a safe weekend!
On 23-May-18 6:49 AM, Oregon Rain wrote:
> IAGenWeb is the place to go to find a treasure trove of genealogical
> information on ancestors from Iowa . Each of Iowa’s 99 counties has
> general and unusual sources of information on
> pioneers-residents-ANCESTORS from that county.
> Who puts this information online? Volunteers! If you have a passion
> for genealogy, you may consider contributing information to a county
> site, serving as a “Lookup” volunteer, or becoming a County
> Coordinator for one of our eleven orphan counties. Go to Join Our
> Team [http://iagenweb.org/state/jointeam.php] to learn more.
> Cindy & Karon
Just letting you know that the lists are back up and running again so to
"celebrate" our return I'm initialing a first ever Surname Shout Out.
A Surname Shout Out works like a Roll Call where we all post an ancestor
we're totally stumped on.
Cerro Gordo County, Iowa Genealogy Group
Welcome! This is the former Rootsweb list, IACERROG. We'll be discussing the history and genealogy of Cerro Gordo County, Iowa including the surrounding region of north central Iowa.
Welcome to the IACERROG mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.