Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I'm looking for information on my great-grandparents - John PETERSON and
John PETERSON was born 5 June 1855 in Sweden; died 29 September 1922 in New
Plymouth, Payette, Idaho. His father was Peter Swanson, born about 1829 in
Sweden. He was married to Emma Julia ERICKSON, born 19 May 1874 in
Marathon, Buena Vista County, Iowa; died 7 May 1952 in Blackfoot, Bannock
County, Idaho. Both John and Emma are buried in Parkview Cemetery; New
Plymouth, Payette County, Idaho. Emma's parents were Andrew ERICKSON (born
about 1848 in Marathon, Buena Vista County, Iowa) and Ann McCULLAH. John &
Emma had about eight children, one of which was my grandfather, Carrol
Arthur PETERSON. Any additional information on these people, I'd love to
hear about. Thanks!!
Jody Lynn (PETERSON) CRAWFORD
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
Posted on: Buena Vista County Iowa Queries
Reply Here: http://genconnect.rootsweb.com/gc/USA/Ia/BuenaVista/10329
I am looking for desendants or for information about a family name Kvarfordt.
Edla Johanson an emigrant from sweden apparently was married to a man named
There were two children (to my knowledge) Greta and Sverda born in 1900
to 1905. They are 2 to 3 years apart in age. They may have been residents
of Alta Iowa buena vista county around 1930 and probably Chicago around
1910, but I don't know for sure. Edla's parents lived in Kumla, Orebro
lan, Sweden. There names were Johan Persson and Hedda Ersdotter. Edla's
sister was Anna Matilda Johanson Linden and she was my grandmother. Hope
some of this rings a bell to someone. Thanks.
Buena Vista County, Iowa Genealogy Group
This is a county list solely for the discussion of all things related to the history and genealogy of Buena Vista Co. and the people who made it what it is today. Buena Vista County was formed on January 15, 1851, from open land. It was named in memory of the Battle of Buena Vista in the Mexican-American War ending in 1848; the victorious United States annexed considerable territory as a result. Its county seat is Storm Lake.
Welcome to the IABUENAV mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.